Monday, January 10, 2011

Pretty sure I'm now made of noodles

So I did some yoga today.  That is, I TRIED doing some yoga today.  In the spirit of being bored and needing something to do that didn't a) require a lot of floor space and b) make a mess.  I've dabbled in yoga before, but I can control it.

Well, no, I can't.  When you aren't exactly a yoga expert, it is not a good idea to attempt a workout from a video on the computer, especially when your computer is placed on the opposite side of the room from where you have enough space to try the asanas.  And you have terrible eyesight.  And no idea what you're doing.

The lady on the video was so excited about teaching yoga.  Holy crap.  Within five minutes I started thinking that maybe she and yoga needed a moment alone or something.  She would give a perfectly reasonable explanation of the pose, and then contort herself into a position.  I tried to imitate her, but inevitably I would end up in some bizarre bastardization of a pose that looked nothing like what she was doing.

Yoga Lady:

Me:

Yoga Lady:

Me:

Yoga Lady:

Me:

Eventually, I just gave it up as a bad job and decided instead to drink hot chocolate and watch SNL reruns.  Unfortunately, I did just enough yoga to make my arms and legs feel like spaghetti.  So I ended up spilling my hot chocolate all over my shirt.  See, this is what happens when I try to do anything remotely productive on my vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment